“Thanks for the sample prints of your work. They are terrific.“ Chuck Hagel–Former U.S. senator and U.S. Secretary of Defense You’ll Find Our Studio Friendly, Attentive to Detail and ConcernedContinue
Bring History to Life With Our Studio
Commissioning Artwork of Your Interest is EASY!
The Vanguard Group of Mutual Funds is a fine example. Jack Bogle, founder of Vanguard sent a request for ideas on The Battle of Abukir Bay that occurred 1 August, 1798. The battle inspired him to name his company after the British flagship in the battle, the H.M.S. Vanguard. Sketches were sent to him via mail.
From there the sketches were presented by Jack to the board at Vanguard and upon approval finances were released. After several months color images were presented to Jack by Michael McFarland at their corporate headquarters in Valley Forge, PA.
Upon approval final images were created. After they were shown and given the ok, varnish was applied and framing, delivery and installation occurred. One year transpired for the four images.
You’ll enjoy the process of commissioning artwork with Michael McFarland Studio of Fine Art–through every stage of the process!
A partial list of research techniques used on past projects:
- Visiting the site and taking images
- Reading biographies on ship captains
- Building ship models and placing in sand box for drawing reference
- Using software to determine position of moon in period of time
- Communicating with historian on the History channel
- Communicating with historians from U.S. Naval history department
- Acquiring a full-size copy of the original blueprint of the H.M.S. Vanguard
- Acquiring and reading numerous books on subject drawn